About Web Design / HTML: Every HTML Editor; HTML 5 Fix; Calibre Review

| Tuesday
If you can't see this email, click here

About.com

Web Design / HTML

Design Basics

Learn HTML CSS XML

Careers



From Jennifer Kyrnin, your Guide to Web Design / HTML
If you're looking for an HTML editor, then this is the site you want to visit. I have reviewed every HTML editor I could find and there are a lot of them, and I have the largest professionally vetted list of HTML editors and HTML editor reviews available. If you think I've missed one, you should write a review of the one I missed and I'll add it to the list. I'm specifically looking for editors for mobile devices (iPhone and Android as well as others) and online HTML editors, but if you think your HTML editor isn't on the list, your review will get it added. Plus, this week I showcase an article about how to get HTML 5 to work in IE as well as a review of an EPUB manager from Darla.

What Should I Write About? Is there a topic you'd like to see covered on the Web Design / HTML site at About.com? Let me know what you think. Follow me on Twitter or Become a Fan on Facebook


The Most Complete Collection of HTML Editors on the Web
If you are trying to decide what web editor you should buy, this site has you covered. I have reviewed 148 different HTML editors for Windows, Macintosh, and Linux as well as some online editors and I can tell you which one is the best, which is the worst and all the ones in between. If you think I’ve missed one write a review of it and I’ll check it out.

Don't Ignore HTML 5 Because of Internet Explorer
If you have been avoiding HTML 5 because IE 8 doesn't support it, you should take a look at this article. You will be pleased to know that there is a way to make IE recognize HTML 5 tags using three lines of HTML.

Review of Calibre - EPUB Conversion Software
If you're looking for a way to create or manage ebooks, then you should take a look at Calibre. I have used this program to convert documents to EPUB format and then view them in both iBooks and Kindle. This is a review of Calibre by Darla Ferrara, find out what she thinks of Calibre and whether you should consider getting it.

Poll: Do you use the CSS !important rule in your style sheet
When I am looking at the CSS for a website, one of the first things I look for is to see if there are any !important styles listed. This property tells the browser that it should override the cascade for this rule. And for me it's a shorthand way of discovering if the designer has something they feel is, well, important. Vote Now View Results

 


Web Design / HTML Ads
Featured Articles
Become a Freelance Web Designer Class
How to Transfer Files with FrontPage Using FTP
Cascading Style Sheets Full Class
CSS Cursors Gallery - Displayed with CSS cursor Property
SEO Class
Making Things Stand Out - Emphasis in Web Design

 

More from About.com

Great Gadget Gifts
iPad or iPod? Kindle or Nook? Point-and-shoot or DIL camera? If you're confused by this year's must-have gadgets, check out our top picks. More>



The Gift of Entertainment
The lowdown on the latest holiday releases, plus recommendations on the best in music, movies and more. More>




This newsletter is written by:
Jennifer Kyrnin
Web Design / HTML Guide
Email Me | My Blog | My Forum
 
Sign up for more free newsletters on your favorite topics
You are receiving this newsletter because you subscribed to the About Web Design / HTML newsletter. If you wish to change your email address or unsubscribe, please click here.

About respects your privacy: Our Privacy Policy

Contact Information:
249 West 17th Street
New York, NY, 10011

© 2010 About.com
 


Must Reads
Find the Perfect Web Page Editor
Learn HTML
Learn CSS
HTML 4.01 Tags / XHTML 1.0 Elements
How to Build a Website

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment